- Significant and direct correlation between discovery of brands through social media and search behavior
- Increased paid search click-through-rates (CTR).
- Social media users exposed to a brand spent 20% more time online
- Consumers exposed to both brand and paid search spent almost 3 times more time online
- Searchers who engage with social media far more likely to search for lower-funnel terms
- Consumers exposed to a brand and paid-search are 2.8 times more likely to search for that brand
- 50% CTR increase in paid search when consumers were exposed to social media and paid search.
- Social media users are 1.7 times more likely to search with the intension of making a list of brands or products to consider purchasing
- Consumers exposed to influenced social and paid search exhibit 223% heavier search behavior
- 50% of social-media exposed searchers search daily for product terms versus with 33%.
- Consumers searching on brand product terms, exposed to a brand’s social marketing campaign are 2.4 times more likely to click on organic links
- Among searchers using a brand’s product name in a search query, the CTR increased from 4.5% to 11.8% when users were exposed to both influenced social media and paid search
Searchers who use social media are more engaged with brands, more likely to be looking to buy, GroupM Search & comScore. Consumers exposed to social media are more likely to click on a brand’s paid search ad. Investing in social media marketing can both increase initial brand consideration and drive higher conversion rates once the consumer has decided to purchase.
Sphere: Related Content