Local media research firm Borrell Associates has actually bolstered its outlook for 2008 local ad revenues, raising its forecast 2.5 percent, from around $12 million to $12.3 million. The firm also sees local Web ad dollars taking up a larger share of the interactive ad spending pie next year, when local online ad revenues are expected to increase 11 percent over 2008, to around $13.6 million.
- Average click fraud rate was 16% for Q3 '08, down slightly from the 16.2% reported for both Q2 2008 and Q3 2007.
- Average click fraud rate of PPC advertisements in Google AdSense and the Yahoo Publisher Network was 27.1%, down from 27.6% for Q2 '08.
- Traffic from botnets responsible for 27.6% of all click fraud traffic in Q3 '08, up from 25.2% for Q2 '08.
- Click fraud originating from countries outside North America came from Russia 4.9%, France 4.8% and the U.K. 3.5%.
Sphere: Related Content
- eMarketers latest projections, released in August, saw online advertising growing from $24.5 billion in 2008 to $28.5 billion in 2009. Of course, a whole lot happened in the past 8 weeks.
- For the first half of 2008, the IAB reported 15.2%